Join Mc.DifferentCraft.Net Copy IP

Click to Copy

? Players Online

Transparency and its role on Differentcraft

Discussion in 'General Discussion!' started by Triskit, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Triskit

Triskit Member

Your community is not happy, Jordan. The reason, in my opinion, is the lack thereof transparency. Your server creates fissures between groups, Jordan. The everyday player exists on one side of this social divide, and the staff team, on the other side. There is no bridge between the gap, and there should be. The way you run the staff team forces them to feel like an overlooming thunderhead whose only defense mechanism is to silence the opinions of the masses. Over the recent months, it's clear that there is outrage. Your actions have been seen by the public as unjust and you haven't even tried to prove them wrong. If you want people to respect your decisions, you can't just delete forum posts that you deem to be "dangerous". If you want the people to respect you, ARGUE! Lay out your points in a public fashion, rather than simply saying, "that is final" out of laziness and unwillingness to show the transparency we need. If you want the playerbase's respect, you, yourself, must respect the playerbase in return

2. albertwhiskers

albertwhiskers New Member

Well said.

Triskit likes this.
  3. poesepro

poesepro wehushi_sushi

Why did the genuently good ban appeals from cyan and reimi get deleted? Why is this server afraid of criticism... The server has a great amount of potential but due to the absolute mismagment of the staff team and the owner it doesnt get updates and no new content. Jordan doesn't care about the people who play here and only about the number of people online, so instead of getting a developer he spends all the revenue on advertising.

4. Triskit

Triskit Member

Personally, I don't care about how he spends his money nor new content. The server to me is about people, not Minecraft, to be frank. The ban appeals were deleted due to the laziness and fear of the big man himself. It's so much easier to delete a post than it is to formulate a counterargument. Why be transparent when you can be the dictator. Why make the people happy when it's more profitable to find new people instead?

TheManOfSorrows and OGEnderChic like this.
  5. OGEnderChic

OGEnderChic City of Quarantine's Secretary of State

Played on this server for about a month back in March through April with some friends and honestly, we were so appalled as to how the server was run. I just checked in today on this server since it got reset by a hacker, and it seems like things are worse than ever with the staff team. I feel like this server needs an entire staff overhaul, a rule overhaul, and punishment guide revamp.

Right before the server reset, Jordan was absolutely rude to me when I opened a ticket regarding three troublesome players harassing me in my town. I was told my logs and screenshots were not enough and that I needed to download Bandicam and record the problems [after they already happened]. His mod team had to convince him to do something in regards to my ticket. It took days before two players were punished and one was hired to staff right after my ticket was closed. The lack of professionalism in this personal instance and others I had witnessed at the time was pretty aggravating. No, I don't expect perfection when it comes to a team of teenagers and a couple older staff members handling player issues, but I'd expect some kind of politeness at the very least.

This server is not for me and my friends, and we have since moved on, but I see the love that comes from a lot of the most veteran Different Craft players and I can only hope that Jordan addresses these issues at some point.

Chad and poesepro like this.
  6. Triskit

Triskit Member

I'm sorry that your experience on here came to an end in the way they did, and I'm sorry to report that these issues have not come even close to a close. With the state of the server as it is, you're not the only one who has left for similar reasons in the recent months. I haven't played in a bit but from what I see on the discord and whatnot, it's obvious that something needs to change. What that change is, we don't know.

OGEnderChic likes this.